This individual will provide quality customer service, both internal and external, in the operations of Van Avery Prep. The Administrative Assistant will perform all general administrative and office functions on campus The appropriate candidate for our position will have a great deal of independence and require considerable initiative. He or she will be asked to perform many duties in various fields in coordination with, and in the absence of, the principal.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep the front office "flowing" in an organized, orderly, professional, and friendly manner
- Provides superior customer service to student, parents, and staff.
- Cares for sick and injured students.
- Screens and takes messages, including fielding/answering all routine and non-routine questions, proper telephone etiquette.
- Pro-active in handling parent issues and concerns.
- Manage active rosters, payments, and execution of various after school clubs, programs, events parent tours throughout the school year
- Uses discretion in all office communication with parents and staffs.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information professionally and explains school policies tactfully.
- Manages student enrollments, withdrawals, and wait lists efficiently and timely. Communicates withdrawal information to the principals.
- Tracks the student information data on the designated form, coordinates mailings, and follows-up in a timely manner.
- Execute school-wide communication to parents, staff, student body and vendors
- Performs desktop publishing such as school newsletters, handouts, flyers, etc.
- Maintain student and office files in a neat and orderly manner, easily understood by all office staff. Provides follow-up when deemed necessary.
- Manage and update student medication list
- Sorts and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies when necessary.
- Maintains office supplies and coordinates the purchase of supplies.
- Proofreads and edits all outgoing correspondence.
- Retain knowledge on district and county policies and procedures; As well as California mandates.
- Assembles student packets, enrollment packets, inquiry packets, and other mailings when necessary.
- Assist and attend special events and other school functions.
- Serve as assistant to the principal in the management of his/her schedules. Arrange meetings and appointments, handle school inquiries via site walk-ins, calls, and emails.
- Perform other related work as may be required
Initiative, self-confidence and the ability to work autonomously
Strong work ethic
Flexibility and adaptability
Ability to prioritize and plan effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines
Demonstrate good judgment and good problem solving skills