- Lead a group of approximately 18 children safely in a variety of camp activities.
- Serve as the Group Leader to the campers, showing enthusiasm in deed and spirit.
- Plan, lead and participate in a variety of camp activities such as games, songs, sports, skits and special events.
- Follow lesson plans provided by the Camp Coordinator/Camp Director/School Principal.
- Supervise children during off site field trips and water play.
- Responsible for the safety and wellbeing of each child in his/her group.
- Supervise the campers carefully to ensure the safety of the children and property.
- Maintain a physical environment (indoors and outdoors) which is safe, attractive, and clean.
- Actively engage and interact with the children during lunch time periods.
- Develop opportunities for positive interaction between campers and staff.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- High school diploma or GED required; one or more years of college preferred.
- Prior experience working with children between the ages 6-12.
- Must possess or be able to obtain certifications in CPR and First Aid.
- The ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Genuine passion for and desire to work with children.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.