Category: Elementary Education
School: Stratford School
Location: Fremont, CA
Date Opened: May 27, 2022
Job ID: 12872
Stratford School is currently interviewing for a part-time lunch care assistant position for the summer. This is a great opportunity for those who love working with children and who are looking for experience in the educational field. We have an opening to work a lunch shift Mon-Fri 10:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
The person selected for this position will be responsible for assisting the lunch care supervisor and principal in the general day-to-day elementary lunch care operations. This person must be at least 18 years of age, a high school graduate, or placed by a high school occupational program. This person will work under direct supervision of the lunch care supervisor and principal.
• Plan and organize lunch care activities.
• Monitor and assist children going to the bathroom.
• Monitor and assist children using the drinking faucet.
• Monitor and maintain proper teacher-to-student ratio.
• Assist in implementing the daily program under the supervision of the extended care supervisor.
• Help with general housekeeping tasks as needed. Responsible for the set-up and cleanliness of the auditorium prior to the arrival and departure of students for each lunch shift.
• Keep auditorium neatly presented with shelving units free of clutter.
• Assist in supervision during outdoor play. Supervise and interact with students during outdoor playtime.
• Assist in overall classroom behavior under the direct supervision of the lunch care supervisor.
• Responsible for the safe supervision and care of students by focusing complete and undivided attention on students, and keeping them within visual range at all times.
• High school graduate or GED
• High school occupational program
• Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
• Treat all children with dignity and respect, showing patience at all times.
• Attend all staff meetings and training programs.
• Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward students, parents, staff, and administration.
• Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
• Alert to the needs of others, students and co-workers.
• Punctual and reliable. Absence from work is limited only to emergencies and illness. Display passion, energy, and enthusiasm for job.
• Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
• Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
• Perform daily task and responsibilities with integrity.