We are currently looking for a caring, organized Summer Camp Counselor who has strong communication skills to join our team for our 2022 Summer Camp Program. If you have a passion for working with small children, are dedicated to providing the best education and care to our students, work collaboratively, and want to learn and grow, we want you to be a part of our team.
Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- As a camp counselor, you oversee the overall operation of the specialty area by properly supervising campers and other assigned co-counselors.
- Ensures accountability for campers in the specialty areas by conducting continuous headcounts.
- Adheres to the daily activity schedule as assigned by the Camp/After School Director.
- Properly supervises campers and co-counselors.
- Plans implement and leads specialty area activities and provide a supply list to the Camp Director.
- Encourages camper participation in specialty activities and events. As a leader sets the example by being an active participant in specialty camp activities and events.
- Ensures the safety of campers and counselors in specialty area.
- Reports all accidents and injuries to the Camp/After School Director or Head of School and completes accident reports.
- Handles camper behavioral problems and provides acceptable discipline.
- Informs the Camp Director of continuous behavioral issues with specific campers.
- Maintains open communication with parents in a courteous and professional manner.
- Attends all scheduled camp staff meetings.
- Assists with arrival/dismissal time in Walkers or Car Pool areas as requested.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 18 years of age.
Two (2) years of previous experience in an educational/recreational field or working with children with supervisory experience required.
Knowledge of working in a camp environment.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ability to work with children and others.
Successful plan, implement and lead camp activities/games.
Be organized and professional
Continually provide superior customer service.