The Assistant Director will aid the directors in the overall administration and supervision of Stratford School. The Assistant Director is responsible to support a safe and disciplined school environment. Adhering to the organization’s core values – respect, excellent customer service, always improving, collaborative culture, and high expectations- the Director maintains a climate of continuous improvement in student achievement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility for the Director’s duties in their absence.
- Assist in maintaining student discipline and overall student achievement.
- Edit newsletters and progress reports.
- Support and implement Stratford policies and directives.
- Assist in the orientation of new staff members.
- Assist the directors in the supervision and evaluation of classroom instruction.
- Serve in a supportive role with parents, teachers, and students to promote a positive school culture.
- Work in conjunction with the school principals in supervising all school activities and special events.
- Assist the directors in creating classroom schedules and other activities as necessary.
- Perform such duties and responsibilities as the principals assign.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students, parents, and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Dress professionally, well-groomed, and neat.
Strong customer service both external and internal
Cooperative and builds interpersonal relationships
Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
Punctual and reliable
Oral and Written Communication Skills
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited or approved college or university with a major or emphasis in education.
Position requires a high level of energy with the ability to move from a sitting to standing position frequently. Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking. Be able to move quickly from one place to another to ensure safety. Can lift up to 30 pounds and is able to work indoors and outdoors. Must be able to supervise students by sight and sound.