The School Office Manager provides general office support with a variety of administrative activities and related tasks and assists the Principal and/or Assistant Principal with student/parent relations.
- Maintains and sets up files for office of all enrolled children and staff.
- Assists with collecting tuition and other fees and inputs data into NetSuite.
- Runs weekly reports to acquire information for Weekly Operations sheet.
- Processes invoices, purchase card receipts, and other accounts payable related documentation, including entering data into NetSuite.
- Assists with Payroll and keeping track of staff attendance.
- Answers phones and provides a presence at the front desk.
- Tracks or records all other activities that take place at school (pictures, fundraisers, book orders, etc.).
- Serves as witness to any documented disciplinary performance management meetings.
- Assists with orientation for new employees.
- Takes care of students sent to office for various ailments (scratches, temperatures, sore throats, headaches, bumps, etc.). Consults with Principal to determine whether or not parent should be contacted or if child needs to be isolated.
- Provides in-classroom coverage for teaching staff, including breaks, absences and shift changes.
- Supports Principal in providing and maintaining quality educational program and ensuring successful implementation of approved curriculum.
- Provides feedback to Principal regarding informal and formal observations of staff.
- Supports local marketing strategy to generate and retain enrollment.
- Maintains proactive and positive relationships with parents and prospective parents.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Two (2) or more years of similar or related experience. Prior experience working in a school environment preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- The ability to professionally communicate effectively and positively. Must be able to obtain cooperation (internally and/or externally) is essential. Working in conjunction with administrative team is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy, confidentiality and trust.
- Remains accessible and responsive to parents, students and staff.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Power Point. Demonstrated ability to utilize email and the Internet.