IGNITE | INSPIRE | IMPACT
Chesterbrook Academy, part of the Spring Education Group family of schools, is seeking passionate educators who ignite a fire within their students, inspiring them to become lifelong learners, ultimately making a positive impact on each child’s unique educational journey.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Duration: Year-Round (12 months), Monday - Friday
Location: Herndon, VA
It Takes a Village….
We are more than just a school - we are a community! Our goal is to uplift each other, work together, and uphold our guiding educational philosophy, providing the perfect balance of learning and play®. We partner with parents by engaging in consistent communication and providing daily snapshots of their child’s day, inviting them to be a part of the Chesterbrook Academy experience, as well. We embrace a culture of care - physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually, both in and out of the classroom.
- 93% Parent Satisfaction!
- Well-Rounded, Research-Based Curriculum!
- Growth Opportunities!
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K!
- Paid Holidays and Sick Days!
- Education and Professional Development Assistance!
- Enrollment Discount for your child(ren)!
All that’s missing is…...YOU!
The School Office Administrator provides general office support with a variety of administrative activities and related tasks and assists the Principal and/or Assistant Principal with student/parent relations.
- Maintains and sets up files for office of all enrolled children and staff.
- Assists with collecting tuition and other fees and inputs data into NetSuite.
- Runs weekly reports to acquire information for Weekly Operations sheet.
- Processes invoices, purchase card receipts, and other accounts payable related documentation, including entering data into NetSuite.
- Assists with Payroll and keeping track of staff attendance.
- Answers phones and provides a presence at the front desk.
- Tracks or records all other activities that take place at school (pictures, fundraisers, book orders, etc.).
- Serves as witness to any documented disciplinary performance management meetings.
- Assists with orientation for new employees.
- Takes care of students sent to office for various ailments (scratches, temperatures, sore throats, headaches, bumps, etc.). Consults with Principal to determine whether or not parent should be contacted or if child needs to be isolated.
- Provides in-classroom coverage for teaching staff, including breaks, absences and shift changes.
- Supports Principal in providing and maintaining quality educational program and ensuring successful implementation of approved curriculum.
- Provides feedback to Principal regarding informal and formal observations of staff.
- Supports local marketing strategy to generate and retain enrollment.
- Maintains proactive and positive relationships with parents and prospective parents.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Two (2) or more years of similar or related experience. Prior experience working in a school environment preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- The ability to professionally communicate effectively and positively. Must be able to obtain cooperation (internally and/or externally) is essential. Working in conjunction with administrative team is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy, confidentiality and trust.
- Remains accessible and responsive to parents, students and staff.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Power Point. Demonstrated ability to utilize email and the Internet
But Wait, There’s More...
To mitigate the risks of COVID-19 while children are in our care, we have adopted additional health and safety measures based on CDC guidelines, state and local regulations, and the American Academy of Pediatrics