School Construction Project Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Category: Home Office
School: Spring Education Group
Location: Los Angeles/Melrose, CA
Date Opened: Apr 28, 2022
Job ID: 12325-OTHLOC-CbBGVfw7
The School Construction Project Manager will play a key role in the expanding growth of the Spring Education Network in delivering exceptional educational experiences to new communities. Your depth of expertise in managing multiple, concurrent commercial construction projects will ensure school construction projects of are on time, within budget, and at the level of quality expected for our schools. You will have a direct impact on great schools being opened in multiple communities as we both grow in our current communities and expand to new markets. Your ability to collaborate across functional groups paired with exceptional people skills will bring architects, general contractors, sub-contractors, and other stakeholders together combined in results that meet business and timeline needs.
- Drive Project Management activities (schedule, budget, scope quality)
- Coordinate internally with multiple departments, operations, IT, facilities, and finance
- Coordinate externally with architects, contractors, consultants, and vendors
- Work with the Architect, Contractor, and other project team members to meet the project objectives and resolve issues at all project stages
- Attend owner, architect, and contractor (OAC) meetings, taking the meeting notes and managing the follow-up action items
- Review project construction documents, shop drawings, submittals and achieve familiarity with the owners' and architects' intentions and requirements
- Prepare estimates and proformas by gathering budget and costs for the various portions of the project
- Build project schedules showing design, permitting, approvals, construction and fit-up
- Track and organize project documents: contracts, invoices, requests for information (RFI's), submittals, etc.
- Update project cash flow, schedule, and development meeting notes on a regular basis
- Help maintain standardized process and procedures across projects
- Visit sites to check in on construction progress and work through issues in the field
- 7 + years of experience and background in the commercial construction field
- Experience as a general contractor, architect, engineer, developer preferred.
- Complete understanding of commercial construction requirements, inputs, processes, and controls
- Excellent project management skills, familiarity with PM software
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Business Management or related filed preferred
Position is offered with competitive salary and bonus incentives, with comprehensive benefits package .