Our people are the heart of Laurel Springs School culture. We take pride in creating amazing, innovative experiences that help our K-12 students transform their lives through learning.
The Counseling Manager supports the Counseling Department, particularly overseeing College Counselors and leading or assisting with Department communications, projects, and initiatives. This position also represents the School Counseling Department both internally and externally.
- Support programs known in the educational arena to accommodate circumstances that are unique to the diverse school population
- Promote a positive school culture focused on the unique needs and educational environment of online/distance students.
- Use technology to collect and analyze data, interpret results, and communicate findings to ensure that appropriate school counseling standards are implemented and to communicate and collaborate with staff, parents, students, and the larger community.
- Keep abreast of changes in state, national, and international developments in school counseling practices.
- Oversee the comprehensive Academy counseling curriculum and programming and ensure that the content is consistent with state, national, and international requirements focusing on academic, college and career, and social emotional development.
- Ensure ethical review and documentation of academic requirements on academic records for the Academy students.
- Ensure that academic standards and requirements for grade level promotion, graduation, and college acceptance are incorporated across the Academy while meeting students’ needs.
- Lead live webinar sessions which focus on supporting students’ development both academically and socially.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students and parents through communications via email, telephone, and video conferencing.
- Create and collaborate on frequent meaningful communications, such as newsletters, that focus on the needs specific to the school’s population of students.
- Provide support for students, parents, faculty, and staff within the Academy.
- Engage with prospective and returning students and parents as a part of the admissions and enrollment process.
- Assist the Assistant Head of School in the selection of appropriate individuals for school and college counseling services to support students.
- Create and lead the onboarding of new Academy counselors.
- Manage and supervise the Academy counselors.
- Lead projects and initiatives, including professional development.
- Participate in Open Houses, onboarding sessions, and academy events and activities, including Year-End Celebrations.
- Represent the Academy in meetings and at conferences.
Experience & Credentials:
- School counseling certification, Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience teaching or working in a school setting supporting specifically targeted audiences – high school or college counseling.
- 2+ years of experience supervising staff required.
- Experience implementing group support programs with measurable objectives.
- Analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and constructive thinking skills required.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solving.
- Highly organized.