This individual will provide quality customer service, both internal and external, in the operations of Stratford School. The Office Administrator (OA) will perform all general administrative and office functions on campus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides superior customer service to student, parents, and staffs.
- Cares for sick and injured students.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as parent tours, school picnics, and extended care clubs.
- Screens and takes messages, including fielding/answering all routine and non-routine questions.
- Pro-active in handling parent issues and concerns.
- Uses discretion in all office communication with parents and staffs.
- Handles confidential and non-routine information professionally and explains school policies tactfully.
- Responds to customer requests within 24 hours by telephone or e-mail.
- Manages student enrollments, withdrawals, and wait lists efficiently and timely. Communicates withdrawal information to the principals.
- Tracks the student information data on the designated form, coordinates mailings, and follows-up in a timely manner.
- Provides new student orientation on the designated form, including calculating the pro-rated tuition.
- Performs desktop publishing such as school newsletters, flyers, etc.
- Data entry and student enrollment processes.
- Maintain student and office files in a neat and orderly manner, easily understood by all office staff. Provides follow-up when deemed necessary.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Sorts and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies when necessary.
- Maintains office supplies and coordinates the purchase of supplies with the facilities administrator.
- Proofreads and edits all outgoing correspondence.
- Assembles student packets, enrollment packets, inquiry packets, and other mailings when necessary.
- Assist and attend special events and other school functions.
- Track teacher attendance and substitute hours as a back-up system for the principals.
- Print and maintain sign-in and sign-out sheets for staff and students.
- Assist the principals in the management of his/her schedules.
- Superior customer service
- Oral and written communication
- Public relations
- Organization skills, multitasking and prioritization
- Interpersonal skills, friendly and outgoing
- Team player
- Experience working in a school setting or similar office environment
- General computer skills
- Microsoft Office proficient
Generally works in a standard office environment. Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking. Occasionally, lift up to 30 pounds. Works in a fast-paced, high pressure environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a diverse array of contacts. Extensive computer time and sitting are necessary in this position.