Reporting to the Head of School the Library Teacher is responsible to support a safe and disciplined environment. Adhering to the organization’s core values respect, excellent customer service, always improving, collaborative culture, and high expectations- the Library Teacher maintains a climate of continuous improvement in Carden’s Academy literature achievement
This is a part-time position working on campus Monday - Friday from 10 AM - 3 PM.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Helps and instructs students in the choice and use of library materials.
- Provides a library orientation program for students.
- Collaborates with classroom teachers to plan and teach instructional units, learning strategies, and activities that benefit from the use of library resources.
- Fosters a partnership with reading teachers that encompasses guidance for students in selecting, browsing, book sharing, and encourages reading to improve academic achievement and recreational reading.
- Encourages and schedules class visits to the library, works with teachers to ensure successful visitations and delivers whatever assistance is necessary during the visitation.
- Encourages independent self-motivated study habits and responsibility in students.
- To instill a love of learning in all students and ensure equitable access to information.
- Promotes the ethical use of information: copyright, fair use, and licensing of intellectual property.
- Inspires careful use of library media holdings as valuable learning resources.
- Helps students and teachers identify, locate and interpret information in the library media center.
- Maintains a comfortable environment conducive to learning and promotes an appreciation of literature and reading.
- Informs teachers and students of available materials, equipment, and services in the library media center to meet their information needs.
- Maintains open communication and works effectively with staff and students.
- Assists teaching colleagues in using information resources by recommending and providing instructional materials for the development and support of the curriculum.
- Guides student behavior in the library media center.
- Must be able to meet and interact with employees and parents/guardians in routine situations, which require tact, discretion, and courtesy.
- Supports in classrooms when needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral and written).Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 30 lb. such as boxes of books. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus.