The Position is responsible for the monitoring of parent/student billing and related revenue transactions and ensuring they are accounted for accurately, completely, and consistent with the Company’s accounting policies. Key areas of responsibility include monitoring the recording of enrollment transactions and program changes and related payments within Net Suite, as well as providing support to operations staff by responding to questions and inquiries. The A/R Specialist position promotes a strong customer focus within a multi-site operating environment. This position works closely with the Senior A/R Specialist who monitors the processing of tasks to ensure timeliness and accurate completion of tasks.
- Assists with the processing, review, and analysis of accounts receivable, deferred revenue, and revenue transactions, particularly as the data interfaces from Sales Force to Net Suite and to the Parent Portal.
- Supports operations staff by responding to questions and proactively providing feedback and solutions.
- Assists with the recording of enrollment, program changes, campus charges, and withdrawals via Net Suite sales orders.
- Assists with the recording of employee staff discounts.
- Ensures timely processing of customer refunds.
- Analyzes information by developing spreadsheet reports, verifying information, and providing recommendations.
- Assists with year-end audit.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational and developmental opportunities.
- Keeps up to date documentation on job responsibilities, task instructions, procedures, etc.
Experience & Credentials:
- Associates Degree in business/finance or a minimum of three years relevant experience in accounting and/or accounting systems.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with emphasis on communication and resolution.
- Working knowledge of accounts receivable systems with a proficiency of utilizing reporting tools to compile, analyze, and interpret data.
- Efficient in the use of excel at an intermediate skill level.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in a variety of settings.
- Ability to meet deadlines, set priorities.
- Possesses a high sense of ethics.
- PC proficient in Windows environments. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, e-mail, reporting tools, and Web-enabled applications.
- Strong work ethic. Uses time productively to accomplish work goals.
- Pays attention to detail. Approaches work in a meticulous and thorough manner.
- Can be trusted to keep sensitive information secure.