This individual will direct and oversee all school operations. He or she will provide mentorship, training and supervision and utilize available resources from the Regional Director to sustain and improve teacher development and curriculum enrichment. In addition, this individual will ensure the care of supervision of children and maintain excellent customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee day to day operations from A-Z for each school including quality control to ensure culture and academic excellence.
- Ensure that all health and safety measures are in place at each campus.
- Supervise, guide, mentor, train and coach vice principals directly and through role modeling.
- Recruit new staff: attend recruitment events, interview and evaluate candidates for recommendation.
- Oversee all training and orientation to new and existing staff.
- Provide timely feedback and evaluations to all direct reports and others as deemed appropriate.
- Provide coaching, counseling and disciplinary action to staff as needed in the role of an ambassador for our policies and procedures.
- Act as the main point of contact for the schools for the customers, vendors and home office.
- Manage student behavior issues and attend parent conferences as needed.
- Ensure that appropriate teacher ratios are met at all times.
- Oversee that all student record requirements are met.
- Maintain quality control of the building/office/and onsite operations.
- Ability to supervise/maintain financial records.
- Collaborate with Regional Director regarding:
- Selection of materials
- Implementation of curriculum improvements
- Strategies for overall school enhancements
- Coordinate appropriate school events.
- Plan and chair regular staff meetings on site.
- Able and willing to work extensive hours including but not limited to: weekend and evening events and meetings, trainings, workshops, job fairs, campus events, etc.
Problem solving – can identify problems, gather information and resolve concerns in a timely, effective manner while maintain composure
Oral and written communication – speaks and writes clearly and persuasively one to one and in a groups
Interpersonal skills – interacts well with others at all levels
Multitasking and priority setting – can work on many conflicting priorities with ease
Independence – can act without supervision as needed
Uses sound judgment and makes accurate assessments
Goal oriented, self motivated and pays close attention to detail
Organization and Time ManagementSkills/Knowledge/Education:
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited or approved college or university with a major or emphasis in education, early childhood, child development, human development, or administration/management, including one year of teaching experience.
One course completed in supervision and administration, or staff relations.
The principal shall be certified and current in Pediatric First Aid/CPR.
Three - four years of teaching experience
Must have strong proven track record
Microsoft Office proficient
High level of confidentiality
Strong degree integrity and ethicsPhysical Requirements:
Position frequently involves long hours and widely diverse duties. Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking. Lift up to 30 pounds. Be able to move quickly from one place to another to ensure safety Extensive computer time, sitting and driving are necessary in this position. Air travel may be necessary from time to time.