Elementary Physical Education Teacher & Athletic Director
This job posting is no longer active.
Category: Elementary Education
School: Stratford School
Location: San Francisco, CA
Date Opened: Apr 26, 2022
Job ID: 12256
The Physical Education Teacher & Athletic Director is to oversee all aspects of the athletic programs that are sponsored by the school. Candidates should have a strong physical education and fitness background with an equally strong commitment to student development and success. The position will involve teaching P.E. classes to students in elementary school (grades Kindergarten - 5th) while also directing the after-school sports program at our school through Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) Athletics. The successful applicant will be a motivated individual with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students. Requires evening and weekend commitments.
- Plan, prepare and deliver creative and effective instructional and interactive lesson plans that teach co-ed sports, team building, skill development and cooperative games that lead to active learning experiences that enhance a student’s knowledge of physical education.
- Teaching students in middle school (grades Kindergarten - 5th) six classes of physical education at three per day; this will grow as the school continues to grow.
- Overseeing sports practices and games including practices 5 days a week after school. As well as games during PM week and weekends. Can be a 7-day work week.
- Maintain a grade book and online attendance.
- Scheduling practices, securing fields, and coordinating gym time with other Athletic Directors and CYO management.
- Completing administrative paperwork required by the CYO league.
- Oversee the distribution, collection, storage, upkeep, and replacement of all school athletic uniforms and equipment.
- Ensure that all athletic equipment, facilities, fields, and courts are safe for daily use.
- Provide appropriate safety instruction and supervision at all times.
- Recruit, train, and support volunteer coaches and also coach teams as needed.
- Provide guidance to parents and teachers who want to coach with securing the proper paperwork to obtain a coach's card.
- Communicate with both students and parents regarding appropriate expectations for each level of competition.
- Participate in departmental level meetings and professional development activities.
- Maintain certification in First Aid, CPR, and concussion awareness.
- Project a positive and professional image at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
At least five years of relevant experience in an athletics-related role in an elementary or middle school education environment.
Capacity to meet the physical demands of the role.
Technology proficiency is essential including use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.