The Sagemont School inspires academic excellence through intellectual exploration, entrepreneurship, and innovation. Students are encouraged to take responsible risks and develop a deep understanding of social responsibility as active agents of change.
The Sagemont School is seeking an experienced educational leader to serve as our Upper School Principal. Reporting to the Head of School, the Upper School Principal is a member of the Senior Leadership Team, who works closely with all faculty and staff at our Upper School campus, which serves students in grades 6-12. We are seeking a Principal who is passionate about inspiring intellectual exploration and who is ready to lead our school as we infuse innovation and entrepreneurship throughout our curriculum and school.
- Exudes a courageous, compassionate, and caring leadership style that engenders support among colleagues, staff and the community through their knowledge, experience, creativity, vision and dedication to the school’s mission
- Can clearly articulate the vision of the school and has the ability to inspire both internal and external stakeholders
- A creative individual who thinks globally, works collaboratively, is open to new ideas and embraces change
- Demonstrated leadership in ability to teach, train, supervise and support teachers in best practices
- An individual of high integrity and reputation who understands the importance of trust, respect, collaboration, and high standards of excellence
- A good listener who is intuitive, thoughtful, considerate, and compassionate about relationships with others
- A passion for curriculum development and research
- Experience leading a school through curricular change is highly desirable
- Experience developing and executing a strategic plan in a team environment
Essential Functions Statements
- Analyze student achievement data and use data to drive recommendations and decision-making for the implementation of the Sagemont Curriculum
- Serves as a coach to teachers in matters of classroom management, teaching methodology, and general school procedures.
- Ensure that the school is focused on goals for college acceptances
- Oversee academic guidance in grading and assessment standards
- Build communication for all school events and assists in the execution of the events
- Participate in and plan events within the broader community
- Participate regularly in activities for recruiting and retaining students to drive enrollment growth
- Assist in the design and implementation of faculty orientation, professional development, mentoring, and teacher evaluation.
- Support teachers in applying effective classroom management practices, understanding their roles in student support and intervention, and developing systems and structures to ensure pro-active student discipline
- Assists with the recruitment of new staff: attend recruitment events, interview and evaluate candidates for recommendation.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with the parent community
- Other duties as assigned
- Organized: Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and managing tasks. Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Detail Oriented: Ability to pay exceptional attention to the minute details and accuracy of a project or task
- Conflict Resolution: Ability to deescalate high emotion situations. Find common ground between conflicting viewpoints; demonstrate patience and flexibility.
- Communication: Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise.
- Accountable: Ability to take responsibility for your own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Judgment: The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information. Ability to effectively analyze data to improve student achievement.
Education: Master’s Degree required.
Experience: 5+ years in a role with relatable job duties, ideally at a similar-sized school. An understanding of innovation and how it should be fostered in an educational setting.