****$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS*******
The Mandarin Preschool Floater Teacher will report directly to the assigned campus each day. The person selected for this position will also be responsible to serve as a floater and assist the classroom teachers in the general supervision and management of a classroom of children or provide assistance to the Director as needed. Any time a vacancy in the classroom occurs, the Mandarin Preschool Floater Teacher may be required to fill these job duties. This person must be a fully qualified preschool teacher and must meet all of Stratford’s qualifications for preschool teacher. The floater teacher will work under the direct supervision of the Director.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Duration: Year Round (12 Months), Monday - Friday
Location: 2046 Allen Avenue, Altadena, CA, 91001
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Substitute as needed.
- Assist in the classroom and/or office as needed.
- Special duties as assigned by the supervising principal.
- If a teaching position becomes available during the school year, the floater teacher is the first teacher assigned to the classroom.
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-house training programs.
- Participation in all school events, including but not limited to; Parent/Student Orientation, Winter Programs, Spring Open House, Student Back-to-School Night, Parent Workshops, Stratford School’s Annual Family Event, and Parent Conferences.
- Regularly maintain a classroom bulletin board displaying student artwork.
- Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the director and parent regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the director.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well-groomed, and neat.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable. Absence from work is limited only to emergencies and illness.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have one of the following:
- Twelve post-secondary semester or equivalent quarter units in early childhood education or child development completed, with passing grades, at an accredited or approved college or university; and at least six months of work experience in a licensed child care center or comparable group child care program. The units specified shall include courses that cover the general areas of child growth and development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum. A transcript from the approved college/university must verify the coursework.
- A Child Development Supervisors Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in Child and Adolescent Development
Must successfully clear criminal background without exemption.
Mandarin and English fluency is a must for this position.
* The $2,000 Sign on Bonus is only eligible to the new hire for this posted Mandarin Preschool Floater Teacher opportunity that begins in April 2022. It is payable upon the successful completion of 90 days of employment.