The Middle School Teacher is responsible for the general supervision and management of the classroom. This person must be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children to teach our Math and Science curriculum for our 6th-grade students. Duties & Responsibilities:
• Be alert at all times by providing proper visual supervision.
• Abide by all Stratford safety protocols.
• Plan, supervise, and implement the curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
• Attend all staff meetings, including quarterly grade level meetings, and in-house training programs.
• Regularly maintains classroom bulletin boards displaying all aspects of the Core Knowledge Curriculum.
• Monitor and assess student progress. Maintain close communication with the principal and parents regarding student issues, conferencing as deemed necessary.
• Submit weekly lesson plans to the principal.
• Establish our non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
• Implement the Stop and Think Social Skills program as promoted by Stratford School.
• Participation in all school events, including but not limited to:
Stratford School’s Annual Family Events
Staff Meetings/Grade Level Meetings
August Teacher Training Workshops
• Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
• Treat all children with dignity and respect.
• Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
• Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
• Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
• Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
• Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat. Skills/Knowledge/Education:
Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have a BA or BS degree in secondary education
from an accredited or approved college or university. A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework, or a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Prior work experience in a middle school classroom is required.