The Director of Admissions will lead and manage all aspects of the campus level admissions and enrollment activities with the Head of School or Principal, ensuring all tours are conducted using approved Spring Education Group admissions practices. The Director of Admissions will interface with prospective student families in support of their decision to attend/select a school and will secure an application whenever possible. The Director of Admissions communicates the philosophy and features of the school and serves as an advocate for prospective students and ensures follow-up with each family according to their needs. The individual has acquired the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to achieve a high level of success in an admissions role. This individual will achieve the school’s quantitative and qualitative goals and objectives in an accurate, professional, and ethical manner using school-approved admissions processes and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts interviews with prospective student families. Evaluates the prospective student’s needs, interests, and qualifications while providing clear and concise information to help the prospective student family make an informed decision to attend or not attend the school. Presents information regarding the school’s programs and tuition in a factual and ethical manner.
- Provides supervision and leadership to all individuals who may be a key stakeholder in the enrollment process.
- Coordinates tours to ensure the Head of School/Directors/Principals, plus key teachers will engage with the prospective family for an optimum tour experience.
- Consistently achieves the expected goals and objectives of a suite of quantitative and qualitative metrics as defined for the Director of Admissions position on the Monthly Performance Review. Professionally assists prospective student families through the admissions process in accordance with all applicable federal and state regulations, school policies and procedures, and in compliance with all accrediting standards and requirements.
- Actively problem solves and takes action to urgently address any shortfalls against enrollment targets.
- Manages CRM system input, upkeep, and follow through for all campus enrollment.
- Presents information in a factual and ethical manner regarding the school’s programs and tuition.
- Consistently operates within, and is measured with respect to, the company’s mission and values.
- Partners with departments outside of Admissions including Finance, Marketing, and other Admissions Services professionals to ensure the delivery of a high level of service to every student family.
- Collaborates with other campus administrative staff to ensure high quality customer service before, during, and after tours.
- Performs outside community marketing as needed to ensure we have a strong brand awareness in local markets and to generate incremental increases in lead flow.
- Upholds all school policies, procedures, integrity, and ethical standards.
- Provides coaching and training to campus staff at home campus as well as other campuses in the Spring Education Group family to ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction are attained.
- Ability to manage their own schedule to ensure customer and business needs are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested by the supervisor.
- Intermediate computer skills – experience with Microsoft (WORD, Excel) required. CRM experience helpful.
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills – ability to multi-task
- Track record of exceptional customer service skills
- Possesses excellent verbal communication skills, particularly telephonic, good written communication skills and ability to read non-verbal cues
- Ability to achieve success individually and as part of a team in a highly structured, well-defined work environment; collaborates effectively across job types and levels
- Persistence combined with a positive attitude and approach to work and others – self-motivating work style
- Mature, positive and collaborative interpersonal skills
- Possesses a thorough understanding all applicable school systems and tools, and uses them effectively.
- Possesses a thorough and demonstrable level of knowledge of school programs, with a demonstrated ability to match a prospective students needs to the correct program fit
- Possesses a deep understanding of the school’s knowledge and curricular standards
Education and Experience Minimum:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 – 3 years relevant sales and/or customer service
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Associates degree
- 3 – 4 years relevant sales and/or customer service experience, preferably in relationship and/or consultative sales, and/or 1 year internal admissions experience
Must be able to work some weekends and evening hours.