The Brand Ambassador is an enthusiastic team member who acts as the in-person persona and online voice of our Early Childhood Education and Summer Camp offerings. In this role, you will be an active participant in increasing brand awareness and driving retention by promoting our programs and career opportunities through various online channels and in-person events. This team member will work closely with our operations and marketing teams to create a template for our local teams to achieve retention goals and facilitate community engagement. This position will be responsible for communicating our value proposition to employees and customers, tracking customer feedback, and representing the brand at community events. This individual will possess excellent social media skills, with the ability to promote our brands and participate in the community chatter via online platforms.
Previous experience as a brand ambassador, influencer, or similar role is strongly desired, as well as basic knowledge of sales and marketing principles.
- Familiarizing yourself with the company’s mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Working closely with operations and marketing to conceptualize local outreach campaigns and strategies.
- Educating local online communities and Corporate Partners about our program offerings.
- Cultivating social media content in order to drive brand awareness and attract new enrollments and applicants. (i.e., writing blogs, newsletters, reviews, etc.)
- Monitoring online channels for customer and employee feedback and escalating issues for resolution.
- Tracking applicant, employee, and customer preferences to measure effectiveness of social media outreach.
- Representing the company at on-site events at Corporate Partner locations.
- Developing a branded playbook that highlights best practices and supports the training of colleagues on successful outreach techniques.
- Create, share, and respond to online reviews.
- Participate in local events as a spokesperson for our company.
- Thoroughly understand our programs and services to inform potential customers and employees.
- Leverage word-of-mouth marketing techniques to drive awareness, retention, and enrollment.
- Assist in organizing local marketing and career events.
- Suggest advertising and positioning ideas.
- Track and report on competitors’ marketing/social media activities.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Marketing, Business, or related field.
- Prior experience in a customer service environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, approachable, and outgoing personality.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and tools.
- Adaptable with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to travel.
- Frequent walking and standing (over 50%).
- Frequent carrying and lifting (over 50%) 25 pounds or less and occasionally carrying and lifting 25-50 pounds (10-25%).
- Frequent repetitive or fine hand movements, working with arms above shoulder level and reaching (over 50%).
- Frequent speaking and listening (over 75%) to staff, children and parents. Must be proficient in speaking, writing and reading English to include reading and comprehending policies and procedures, and being able to correspond in English.
- Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse (over 75%).
- Frequent bending, squatting, stooping, kneeling, twisting to interact with children (over 50%).
- Occasional operation of vehicles (10-25%).
- Employee is regularly required to speak, hear and use clear vision with or without correction. This may include viewing small numbers.
- TRAVEL: Must be able to travel by air, rail or motor vehicle to required events, training and development.
Work Environment & Additional Requirements:
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. A Brand Ambassador may be required to work more than 40 hours a week, often including school activities at night and on weekends. Position is year-round.
You are expected to perform your position according to SEGs safety policies and procedures, as well as, federal, state and local regulations. All safety concerns and incidents are to be reported immediately to your direct superior.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.