Description Who We Are:
A coeducational private day school serving Grades 6-12, Stratford Preparatory builds on 22-years of creating outstanding educational outcomes for our students in Preschool to Grade 8, by expanding Stratford School’s mission through high school. We are excited to start this journey with the relocation of Stratford Raynor Middle School (Grades 6-8) to our new Blackford Avenue campus in San Jose and welcome our first class of high school students in Grade 9 in Fall 2022.
Stratford School’s purpose, “Connecting students to their unique futures,” reflects our commitment to show young people how they can successfully and independently develop the knowledge, skills, and depth of character they need to thrive in a transforming world. Stratford Preparatory provides a rigorous and engaging college preparatory curriculum that focuses on real-world application of engineering, technology, and leadership skills, while also providing students opportunities to be confident learners, generous in spirit, and eager to follow their passions.
Stratford Preparatory offers Advanced Placement (AP) and Stratford Advanced Studies (SAS) courses. While we recognize the value of AP as a gold-standard program for college admissions, we also believe that in some cases AP courses may actually limit the scope and rigor of instruction our students are ready for. Teachers are given the flexibility to design SAS courses in ways that challenge, interrogate, and combine the deepest possible critical understanding with the most rigorous application of those concepts and skills. Our academic programs develop internationally-minded, critical-thinking students able to take complex and often disparate knowledge, concepts and skills, and forge these into new and unique ways of solving problems. What We're Looking For:
At Stratford Preparatory, teachers change lives. They are genuine, curious, passionate, striving, generous and accountable individuals. They nurture, inspire, engage and challenge students, modeling the path to ethical, happy, purposeful lives in a diverse, multicultural, multilinguistic community where the reality and hope of human potential are in action.
In this teaching position, you use your passion for your subject to inspire and teach higher-level content than what is typical of secondary students. You work collaboratively with other teachers to create a learning culture in which diverse perspectives are challenged and tested in an environment of informed thought and collegiality.
As a Computer Science teacher, you will have the opportunity to present the material preparing our students for higher education and beyond, in a way that will best enhance student understanding and excitement for the subject. Topics covered include design strategies and methodologies, organization of data, and common algorithms. A focus on problem-solving using a variety of tools is a component of the curriculum and is further enhanced by hands-on lab experiences throughout the academic year.Primary Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff members to form a community of smart, talented, and creative people who are passionate and willing to work in a professional and academic environment.
- Construct learning experiences and assessments that challenge students, support the diversity of learners in each classroom, and demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of complex knowledge and advanced skills.
- Teach higher-level content than grade standards in creative and interactive ways that display your passion for the subject and educate students at an internationally competitive level.
- Mentor students to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, and individuality in all students.
- Keep parents informed about the learning of their children, and be proactive in communication with parents.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with the following qualities:
- A bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in a field of study in or related to computer science
- At least 2+ years of teaching and training experience at the high school or college level.
- Ability to absorb, synthesize and present ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence from diverse disciplines.
- Eagerness to build supportive relationships with students in and beyond the classroom
- A willingness to work actively and collaboratively with colleagues on curriculum development and alignment
- A willingness to try innovative teaching strategies and formats. Ability to implement differentiated learning/instruction as required.
- A commitment to continuous professional growth and an enthusiasm for lifelong learning
- An ability to create and promote an inclusive learning environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Benefits and Salary: The salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. Stratford Preparatory, a Spring Education Group school, offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. We offer a solid 401K plan.
Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., Stratford Preparatory, and their affiliates (collectively “Company”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to an actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.