The role of the HR Coordinator is primarily responsible for supporting all administrative functions of the Leave of Absence and Workers’ Compensation team within the HR Operations department. Duties include tracking and coordinating FMLA, Company leaves, and workers’ compensation leaves across the network through close partnership with our third-party vendors. The HR Coordinator will be involved in the research and collection of Local, State, and Federal laws, policies, and regulations related to various HR requirements and creation & maintenance of HR, Manager, and employee-focused training materials. Additionally, this position will support the Company’s Compliance team through maintaining the employment poster distribution program and organizing the team’s compliance audit schedule to meet the internal and external needs. The successful candidate has experience in FMLA and State Paid Leave programs. They will be an excellent communicator who is detail orientated and possesses a strong interest to increase their knowledge and research abilities to collect the industry’s latest employment laws, procedures, and regulations.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the leave of absence and workers’ compensation programs following the applicable federal and State employment laws.
- Work closely with external and internal partners to ensure that leaves and workers’ compensation cases are complete. Completed cases can include third-party vendor communication and coordinating efforts within the HR Operations team (Benefits team, Payroll team, HR Employee Relations team, etc.).
- Research, create and maintain leave of absence, workers’ compensation, and compliance-related documents for the HR Operations Team.
- Align tasks, projects, and procedures with the HR department’s continuous goal of providing exceptional service to our schools and business partners.
- Assist with periodic audits of Human Resource processes and procedures.
- Assist with research and compilation of changing compliance requirements on a Local, State, and Federal level for all Spring Education locations.
- Assist with State compliance programs such as poster programs and other State mandated requirements for business units.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required experience and education:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 1-2 years of Human Resources experience in a Leave Coordinator/Specialist, Benefits Coordinator/Specialist, or similar role.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Office products is required. Advanced experience navigating an HRIS system, administering State paid family leave programs, and document construction in Adobe is preferred.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Strong demonstrated organization skills
- Able to resolve conflict, find common ground between conflicting viewpoints, demonstrate patience and flexibility.
- Able to communicate in a clear, complete, and concise manner. Ability to organize data into user-friendly formatting/reporting.