Chesterbrook Elementary is hiring for a dedicated and passionate education leader to become an Assistant Principal at our school in Cary, North Carolina!
The Assistant Principal will aid the Principal in the overall administration and supervision of our school, focusing on maintaining a safe and disciplined school environment. Adhering to the organization’s core values of respect, excellent customer service, growth, collaboration, and high expectations, the Assistant Principal facilitates an academic environment that allows for the continuous improvement in student achievement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume responsibility for the Principal's duties in their absence.
- Assist in maintaining student discipline and overall student achievement.
- Edit newsletters and progress reports.
- Support and implement school and company policies and directives.
- Assist in the orientation of new staff members.
- Assist the principal in the supervision and evaluation of classroom instruction.
- Serve in a supportive role with parents, teachers, and students to promote a positive school culture.
- Work in conjunction with the school principal in supervising all school activities and special events.
- Assist the principal in creating classroom schedules and other activities as necessary.
- Perform such duties and responsibilities as the principal assigns.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students, parents, and staff.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Contribute and share ideas freely with other staff members.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Dress professionally, well-groomed, and neat.
- Strong customer service both external and internal
- Cooperative and builds interpersonal relationships
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers
- Punctual and reliable
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited or approved college or university with a major or emphasis in early childhood education or child development and at least one year of teaching experience in a licensed day care center or comparable group child care program.
Position requires a high level of energy with the ability to move from a sitting to standing position frequently. Must be able to bend, stoop, and perform extensive walking. Be able to move quickly from one place to another to ensure safety. Can lift up to 30 pounds and is able to work indoors and outdoors. Must be able to supervise students by sight and sound.