The Placement Manager, part of the School Counseling Department, manages Placement Counselors and other reporting staff, as well as oversees and assists with the completion of ethical reviews and documentation of student requirements from official records and homeschool evaluations in support of confirming full-time student admission and creating course schedules. Additionally, this position represents the School Counseling Department both internally and externally. RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:Experience & Credentials:
- Promote a positive school culture focused on the unique needs and educational environment of online/distance students.
- Support programs known in the educational arena to accommodate circumstances that are unique to the diverse school population while ensuring ethical review and documentation of student requirements on an official transcript.
- Oversee and assist with the international transcript translation and evaluation process, as well as the process to confirm English language proficiency.
- Manage and assist with the homeschool evaluation process and review of assessments.
- Supervise and assist with the admission of full-time students including the creation of all academic plans for new students and the re-admission and course schedules for full-time students in grades K-8.
- Ensure that academic standards and requirements for college acceptance and NCAA eligibility are addressed in students’
- Collect data and monitor control processes and the associated internal systems, proposing recommendations and supporting updates and enhancements as released.
- Resolve situations that require analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and constructive thinking.
- Collaborate with other leaders and teams across the school and business to enhance offerings, solve problems, and provide trainings.
- Provide support for prospective and enrolled students and their parents, as well as faculty and staff during office hours.
- Assist the Dean of Students in the selection of appropriate individuals for the School Counseling Department.
- Manage and supervise Placement Counselors and other reporting staff.
- Create and lead the onboarding of new staff members.
- Assist with and lead projects and initiatives, including professional development.
- Represent the school in meetings and at conferences.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master's preferred.
Minimum 2 years experience in an academic environment.
Minimum 1 year managing a team.
General understanding of educational procedures in relation to student schedules and academic plans required.
Experience with academic placement required.
Experience using Google Suite preferred..Qualifications:
Possess basic math skills.
Analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and constructive thinking skills required.Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Creative problem solver.
Highly organized.Laurel Springs School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.*