Merryhill School is hiring for a After School Counselor position for our campus in Roseville, CA. In this position you will support campus operations with the after school activities for our elementary students.
- Employment: Part-time 3:30 PM – 6 PM Monday – Friday
- Duration: Year-Round (12 months),
- Location: 1115 Orlando Ave, Roseville, CA 95661
- Lead and participate in a variety of activities that actively engage students, such as games, songs, sports, skits, and special events and are aligned to the mission of the school.
- Supervise students at all times including transitions between activities so students are accounted for, are safe at all times and they know what is expected of them.
- Serve as a good example and role model to the students and maintain and appropriate level of professionalism at all times.
- Give directions both verbally and visually, when appropriate by using correct grammar and a variation in voice and gestures.
- Provide time and attention equitably among all students while circulating freely and spontaneously around the classroom.
- Actively greet parents each day upon pick up.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with the school child disciplinary process. Responsible for the safety and well-being of each child in his/her group.
- Keep the group of children together and take frequent face to name checks.
- Maintain a physical environment (indoors and outdoors) which is safe, healthy, neat, attractive, clean, and appropriate for students and is conducive to having fun.
- Always know where each child in the group is at all times. One counselor should always be present to supervise the group; no child/children should be left unsupervised.
- Complete all records and forms timely, accurately, and neatly, including daily sheets.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding staff, children, and families as well as SEG management and operations.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- High school diploma or GED required; one or more years of college preferred.
- Prior experience working with children
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- A genuine passion for and desire to work with children.