The Benefits Specialist is an integral member of the Human Resources Team responsible for supporting the administration of the company benefits programs and packages. This position supports the company’s compliance with applicable laws, builds relationships, and serves as the liaison between Human Resources, the Payroll team, and employees, to ensure that information is communicated timely and accurately. Responsibilities include performing day-to-day functions of benefits, including the annual Open Enrollment process and the 401(k)
- Administer all company benefit programs and packages including, but not limited to: 401k, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, HRA, HSA, and the Employee Assistance Program.
- Support the annual Open Enrollment process and all relevant communications
- Research general questions on benefits, policies, and procedures; become a key source of knowledge to answer employee questions regarding company benefits.
- Work closely with the payroll team to conduct audits; ensure that benefit premiums and deductions are being processed accurately.
- Process employee Life Events in a timely manner; collect and approve appropriate documentation.
- Manage the COBRA enrollment process; partner with the vendor to provide timely COBRA notices.
- Work with the HR Leave Team for the collection of benefit premiums for employees on leave of absence.
- 401k processing of contributions to ensure accuracy, provide reporting to Finance.
- Process monthly invoices from insurance providers.
- Maintain current forms and information on the company Benefit Hub.
- Preparing and developing communications and educational material for benefits for all the insured employees.
- Ensure that company practices are compliant with HIPAA and Affordable Care Act regulations and requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to details of a project or task.
- Communication - Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete, and concise.
- Accountable - Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Cooperative – Be a Team Player. Engage in group participation to complete or improve work. Work effectively with others in a positive and productive manner.
- Relatable – Build professional relationships. Be respectful and inclusive in decision making; work well with others regardless of level, background or opinions; be flexible and adaptable.
- Efficient and Organized - Prioritize and execute day-to-day responsibilities to best respond to business demands. Maximize productivity and minimize wasted time. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Education: Bachelors or Associates Degree from a regionally accredited college or university preferred.
- Experience: 2 – 3 years of Benefits Administration experience
- Computer Skills: Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel for data analysis and auditing purposes. Ability to learn new software systems to manage benefits enrollment and approvals.