The Montessori Preschool Office Administrator directly the campus Business Manager, and above that, to the Head of School.
This position assists with managing the day-to-day operational and administrative aspects of the particular campus, as well as the overall process of bringing prospective families into LePort Montessori; and performs other duties as assigned. In general, the Administrative Support is also there to support the school in whatever is needed for it to function smoothly.
The Administrative Support may participate in some or more of the following activities, in the discretion of the Business Manager
and Head of School:
• Operations & Compliance
o Manage the day-to-day operations of the campus.
o Handle initial enrollment (e.g. paperwork completion, answering questions and emails, set up in school systems like ProCare and the CRM).
o Maintain accurate and legally compliant student and employee files.
o Supervise DSS compliance (e.g. sign-in and out sheets, sickness notice distribution, etc.).
o Coordinate supply and material orders.
o Administer hot lunch program as needed.
o Participate in administration of extra-curricular programs.
o Answer and respond to campus phone lines and email.
o Participate in yearly re-enrollment process.
• Event Coordination
o Coordinate the administrative aspects of special events (e.g. Parent Education Evenings,
Children’s Night, Coffee Chats, open houses, info sessions, holiday celebrations, field trips, etc).
• Parent Communication & Customer Service
o Handle all non-academic student and family issues that arise, including maintain a presence and
availability during daily pick-up and drop off times.
o Manage Tuesday emails, Facebook page, and other regular administrative communications from
o Manage photos and yearbook.
o Act as the initial point of contact for prospective families and manage the prospect-development process, including answer prospective family phone calls, respond to web-based inquiries, schedule tours and occasionally fill-in for Head of School on tours, manage and enter prospect information (e.g. tour notes) into CRM, handle any follow-up communication.
o Ensure prompt, friendly, and consistent follow up with prospective families.
o Manage the campus waitlist program to maximize enrollment.
o Handle initial enrollment (see above).
o Coordinate the administrative aspects of outreach events (e.g. Open Houses).
o Complete special projects as needed (e.g. reviewing and updating the waitlist / prospect list).
o Act as the primary operator of the campus CRM system; ensure data is consistently and
accurately entered in a timely manner.
• Billing, Tuition, Timecards
o Manage billing, and tuition for campus; serve as key administrator of the campus billing and child
o Administer payroll and timecards for campus.
• Internal Communications
o Participate in meetings with Head of School and regional management team as needed.
• Administrative or operations experience derived in any industry or career background, with developed ability to solve complex operational problems
• High degree of efficiency and accuracy, including the constant use of computer systems as a key tool in job performance.
• Dedication to quality and service to each individual child and family, with a friendly and open demeanor well-suited to being on the front lines of LePort’s “customer service.”
• Interest in actively pursuing knowledge of the Montessori philosophy of education.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Growth mindset and problem-solving approach.
• Ability to embrace and exemplify LePort Schools’ “Core Values.”