The Staff Accountant will work closely with the Controller to manage the day-to-day accounting duties related to accounts payable, school credit card management, payroll processing, and accounts receivable. This position will also work on other projects/tasks as assigned by the President, the Principal, and the corporate office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review all invoices for accuracy; reconcile amounts due.
- Obtain invoice approvals as appropriate.
- Code invoices to the proper general ledger account.
- Submit invoices to the corporate office.
- Liaison between local vendors and the corporate office when issues arise
- Set up and maintain teacher allowance ledgers.
- Keep accurate and organized files of vendor information, invoices, etc.
School Credit Cards
- Reconcile 4 school credit cards to ensure all appropriate paperwork has been turned in on a weekly basis.
- Monitor credit use and oversee proper coding of expenses and receipt submission according to corporate office deadlines.
- Liaison between local credit card users and corporate office when issues arise.
- Keep accurate and organized files of invoices, receipts, etc. related to school credit card expenditures.
- Analyze and review timesheets on a daily basis to ensure all required rest breaks and meal periods are taken. Work with the appropriate Directors/Supervisors to resolve timecard issues. Provide hour/wage guidance as requested.
- Monitor paid time off on a daily basis. Ensure time off requests are reconciled and input into Dayforce in time for payroll cutoff.
- Compile weekly timesheets for Director/Supervisor review.
- Input daily timesheet authorizations for each week based on Director/Supervisor approvals.
- Oversee all manual timecard punch adjustments to resolve errors and/or missed punches.
- Prepare and submit a bi-weekly ancillary pay spreadsheet.
- Process termination and final pay calculations/pay card issuance in coordination with the corporate office.
- Monitor collections and assist with hard-to-collect accounts.
- Assist Controller with sales order processing each school year.
- Maintain student information and process student grade/status updates in NetSuite as necessary.
Professionalism; ability to work will all levels of staff as well as the corporate office
Strong attention to detail and accuracy is a must
Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
Builds interpersonal relationships
Punctual and reliable
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Prior work experience in a similar setting (5 – 7 years) is strongly preferred.
Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office
Experience with the following programs: NetSuite, Alma, Dayforce, Cvent, DocuSign.