$1000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
IGNITE | INSPIRE | IMPACT
Enchanted Care, part of the Spring Education Group family of schools, is seeking passionate educators who ignite a fire within their students, inspiring them to become lifelong learners, ultimately making a positive impact on each child’s unique educational journey.
The Before & After School Coordinator at Enchanted Care implements creative and engaging programs for students in a safe, nurturing environment. This position participates collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of the school, and collective/individual interest of the staff and student body.
- Serve as a Group Leader showing enthusiasm in actions and spirit while implementing lesson plans provided by the school.
- Lead and participate in a variety of activities that actively engage students, such as games, songs, sports, skits, and special events and are aligned to the mission of the school.
- Supervise students at all times including transitions between activities so students are accounted for, are safe at all times and they know what is expected of them.
- Serve as a good example and role model to the students and maintain and appropriate level of professionalism at all times.
- Aide students in developing self-confidence and a positive self-image by providing an environment of acceptance and support for each student.
- Give directions both verbally and visually, when appropriate by using correct grammar and a variation in voice and gestures.
- Provide time and attention equitably among all students while circulating freely and spontaneously around the classroom.
- Actively greet parents each day upon drop-off and pick-up times.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with the school child disciplinary process.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of each child in his/her group.
- Keep the group of children together and take frequent face to name checks.
- Maintain a physical environment (indoors and outdoors) which is safe, healthy, neat, attractive, clean, and appropriate for students and is conducive to having fun.
- Always know where each child in the group is at all times. One counselor should always be present to supervise the group; no child/children should be left unsupervised.
- Ensure that all daily attendance records are accurate and up to date.
- Complete all records and forms timely, accurately, and neatly, including daily sheets.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding staff, children, and families as well as SEG management and operations.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- High school diploma or GED required; one or more years of college preferred.
- Prior experience working with children between the ages of Pre-K through 8th Grade.
- Must possess or be able to obtain certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Advanced Lifesaving where applicable.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Genuine passion for and desire to work with children.
- Frequently speaking and listening (>75%) to staff, children and parents. Must be proficient in speaking, writing and reading English to include reading and comprehending policies, and procedures, writing incident reports, academic progress reports, and curriculum in English.
- Frequently walking and standing (>75%) and occasional running (25-50%).
- Frequently working with arms above shoulder level and reaching (>50%).
- Frequently bending, squatting, stooping, reaching, kneeling, rising from the floor, twisting to interact with children (>50%) [K-5th grade]; occasionally bending, squatting, stooping, reaching, kneeling, rising from the floor, twisting to interact with children (25-50%) [6th–8th grade].
- Occasionally using repetitive or fine hand movements (25-50%).
- Occasionally using computer keyboard and mouse (25-50%).
- Limited carrying and lifting 25-50 pounds (10-25%).
- Limited work on ladders, platforms or climbing stairs (10-25%).
- Limited operation of vehicles (10-25%).
- Limited overtime, as required by position.
- Environmental exposures: heat, cold, dusts, noise, chemicals, moistness, dryness, blood borne pathogens, germs; occasional use of gloves and safety glasses.
- Employee is regularly required to speak, hear and use clear vision with or without correction.
- Must be able to travel by air, rail or motor vehicle to required training and development.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.*