Do you love being in the classroom but also want to be able to support teachers in more of an administrative role?
Are you passionate about Early Learning and have current or previous administrative experience. This is a unique opportunity to support the business and licensing aspects of Early Childhood Education as well as a dynamic teaching team. If you love working with children and adults and have strong organization and people skills that you want to utilize in an administrative role, we are ready to have you join our team.
Our preschool builds the solid academic foundation students need for future success. We are currently looking for a caring and energetic Preschool Office Administrator to join our team. If you have a passion for working with children, are dedicated to providing the best early learning experience for children and families, work collaboratively with a dedicated team of educators, and want to acquire and develop new skills, we want you to be part of our team!
- Maintains and sets up files for the office of all enrolled children and staff.
- Assists with collecting tuition and other fees and inputs data into NetSuite.
- Support and train on lesson plans, implementing school curriculum and assessing developmental needs of students.
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment.
- Communicate positively with students, parents, and staff.
- Participate collaboratively and professionally with other teachers and staff to promote the general well-being of the school and collective/individual interest of its staff and student body.
- Processes invoices, purchase card receipts, and other accounts payable-related documentation, including entering data into NetSuite.
- Assists with Payroll and keeping track of staff attendance.
- Office duties including filing, maintaining children files, updating the website and parent communications .
- Answers phones and provides a presence at the front desk.
- Tracks or records all other activities that take place at school (pictures, fundraisers, book orders, etc.).
- Serves as a witness to any documented disciplinary performance management meetings.
- Assists with orientation for new employees.
- Takes care of students sent to the office for various ailments (scratches, temperatures, sore throats, headaches, bumps, etc.). Consults with Principal to determine whether or not a parent should be contacted or if a child needs to be isolated.
- Provides in-classroom coverage for teaching staff, including breaks, absences and shift changes.
- Supports Principal in providing and maintaining quality educational program and ensuring successful implementation of approved Spring Education Group (SEG) curriculum.
- Provides feedback to the Principal regarding informal and formal observations of staff.
- Supports local marketing strategy to generate and retain enrollment.
- Maintains proactive and positive relationships with parents and prospective parents.
- Timely answers inquiries (in-person, via email, or via phone) according to SEG established sales programs consistent with Parent Centered Sales Approach (PCSA). Provides tours using SEG PCSA program techniques. Assists the Principal with entering inquiries into NetSuite as required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of an Associate's degree in ECE, Education Business, or other related field is required.
- Two (2) or more years of similar or related experience. Prior experience working in a school environment preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- The ability to professionally communicate effectively and positively. Must be able to obtain cooperation (internally and/or externally) is essential. Working in conjunction with the administrative team is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy, confidentiality, and trust.
- Remains accessible and responsive to parents, students, and staff.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability to utilize email and the Internet.
- Must be able to do basic math.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.*