Substitute Preschool Teacher
Category: Early Childhood
School: Stratford School
Location: Los Angeles/West, CA
Date Opened: Aug 25, 2021
Job ID: 8830
Description The substitute preschool teacher will report directly to the assigned campus and will receive the teaching assignment for the day. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the preschool curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well-groomed, and neat.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Special duties as assigned by the supervising principal.
- Educational background with early childhood units shall include courses that cover the general areas of child growth and development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum or a Bachelors of Child Development is needed for this opportunity.
- Must have 12 semester or 18 quarter units successfully completed.
- Must successfully clear criminal background without exemption.