The Mandarin Substitute Teacher will work as part of a team to support instruction appropriate for preschool thru K grades with an emphasis on vocabulary, listening, speaking, reading, and writing. This person must be professionally prepared to teach Mandarin to young children.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Substitute as needed on campus in the classroom.
- Plan, supervise, and implement the Mandarin curriculum in accordance with Stratford School policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the other Mandarin teachers to plan and implement the Mandarin curriculum to students.
- Fluent and accurate written and verbal skills and in-depth knowledge of Mandarin culture as it relates to the curriculum.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well-groomed, and neat.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have an educational background with early childhood units which include courses that cover the general areas of child growth and development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum or a Bachelors of Child Development is needed for this opportunity.
- A transcript and/or copy of the degree from the approved university/college must verify the coursework or a current and valid teaching credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- Must successfully clear criminal background check.
- Mandarin fluency is a must.