Category: Home Office
School: Laurel Springs School
Date Opened: Aug 27, 2021
Job ID: 8871
Description The College Counselor is responsible for programming that supports and promotes student academic and social development. This position requires wide exposure, experience, and proficiency in catering to the needs of the school and students. This position can work out of the West Chester, PA office or remotely. The day-to-day:
Our required skills & experience:
- Supporting programs known in the Educational arena to accommodate circumstances that are unique to the diverse school population while ensuring ethical review & documentation of student requirements on an official transcript.
- Ensuring that Academic Standards and requirements for college acceptance are incorporated across the school while meeting the student’s needs.
- Leading live webinar sessions which focus on supporting students' development both academically based and social opportunities.
- Creating meaningful communications, such as newsletters, that focus on needs specific to our population of students on a regular basis.
- Creating a positive online rapport in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the school counseling process. Work with peers and teachers to assist them in the achievement of a collaborative engaging learning environment.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students and guardians through meaningful and frequent communication via email and telephone.
- Providing support for students, staff, and teachers within the school during virtual office hours.
- Regular and frequent phone contact with parents including prospective families who are engaged in the Admissions process.
Laurel Springs School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.*
- School Counseling Certification, Master’s Degree in School Counseling preferred.
- Must have 3+ years experience teaching or working in a school setting supporting specifically targeted audiences – College Counseling.
- Experience implementing group support programs with measurable objectives.
- Analytical, interpretive, evaluative, and constructive thinking skills are required.
- Possesses basic math skills.