This individual will be responsible for assisting the Principal to ensure quality operations of the elementary extended care and lunch programs. This individual will act as the key role model for the extended care and lunch teachers and will be responsible to supervise students by sight and sound and ensure their health and safety at all times. In addition, the Extended Care Team Lead will partner with the Principal in developing an effective reporting process of the daily extended care and lunch activities
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises students during lunch and extended care to ensure their safety at all times.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect, showing patience at all times.
- Provide regular communication to the parents in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- Provide role modeling to the extended care team on appropriate teacher to student interaction.
- Engage students in activities that enhance their school experiences.
- Submit weekly lesson plans from the extended care team, including proper arts and crafts, games, and outdoor activities to the Vice Principal and/or Principal.
- Monitor ratios and ensures Stratford policies and procedures are followed and reports any concerns to the Principal.
- Monitor and supervises indoor and outdoor activities.
- Ensure all students receive adequate lunch.
- Clean and maintain the lunch room following lunch periods.
- Report all safety issues to the Principal.
- Help with general housekeeping tasks as needed. Responsible for the set-up and cleanliness of the auditorium prior to the arrival and departure of students for each lunch shift.
- Keep the auditorium neatly presented with shelving units free of clutter.
- Assist in supervision during outdoor playtime.
- Maintain and enforce proper study skills during homework time.
- Maintain and uphold Stratford’s positive discipline policy.
- Act as a role model to the extended care team in conjunction with the principal.
- Provide necessary performance feedback to the Vice Principal and/or Principal as requested.
- Be responsible for the safe supervision and care of students by focusing complete and undivided attention on students, and keeping them within visual range at all times.
- Attend staff meetings and required training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be at least 18 years of age with a completed high school diploma or GED
2-3 years working with children