The Human Resources Business Partner serves as the human resources content expert and strategic business partner for the regions of Spring Education it is designated to support. As the key HR resource, this position partners with Operational Leaders and Regional Directors to provide both strategic and tactical Human Resources support in the areas of employee relations, performance management, and engagement. The Human Resource Business Partner ensures legal compliance throughout employee interactions and identifies outcomes that are both considerate of business needs and fair to employees.
- Strategically partners with Operational Leaders and Regional Directors to provide for all HR-related needs, including but not limited to, performance management, employee relations, training, engagement, leaves of absence (including ADA), salary administration, and other HR initiatives.
- Recommends and proposes new HR approaches, policies, and procedures, in partnership with the Compliance team, to effect continual improvements in efficiency.
- Oversees employee exit process, including execution of exit interviews, monitoring exit information trends, and developing and implementing programs and initiatives to reduce turnover in partnership with HR Leadership and Operational Leadership.
- Partners with Operational Leadership, the legal department, and Human Resources Leadership to prevent employment related legal claims and to respond to them when they occur by conducting the appropriate internal investigation, preparing reports to management, responding to federal and state agencies (i.e., EEOC, HRC, DOL, etc.) and appearing at agency hearings to testify on behalf of Spring Education.
- Leads by example and promotes Spring Education’s ethics, cultural values, and goals. Performs all job duties with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality.
- Develops and maintains trusting relationships with Operational Leaders, Regional Directors, and field management.
- Works closely with Operational Leaders and Regional Directors to facilitate proactive and cascading communications.
- Be timely, and most often, urgent in responses to schools. Demonstrates a culture of customer service in interactions with employees.
- Creates and delivers Human Resources related content to management, as needed.
- Attends continued education courses to maintain current knowledge of employment law and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university; Master’s degree preferred.
- SHRM-CP or HRCI-PHR certification preferred.
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card and/or applicable federal/state background check required.
- 5-10 years of Human Resources Generalist or Business Partner experience to include a heavy emphasis on performance management, employee relations, and employment law.
- Experience with employee benefits, leaves of absence (including ADA), salary administration, and management training preferred.
- Strong independent thinking, problem-solving skills, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.