Elementary Academic Coach
Category: Elementary Education
School: The Sagemont School
Location: Weston, FL
Date Opened: Aug 26, 2021
Job ID: 8849
Description The Sagemont School's Elementary Academic Coach will support our academic needs across all grades (Grades PS- 5th) in reading and math.
As part of the Mountain Peak Program our coach will assist with the reading block for children with mild learning differences. The program ensures that all our students can experience success in the classroom and find their passions. The children are encouraged to read on topics of high interest, first broken into small chunks in order to ensure a feeling of success and hunger for reading!
- Plan and implement the designated curriculum as prescribed by The Sagemont School.
- Work with all Sagemont staff members to produce learning experiences suited to the grade level and to the student developmental level that will enhance student achievement.
- Implement best practices with regard to instructional strategies.
- Design and produce instructional materials when applicable.
- Integrate and utilize technology hardware and software to effectively enhance student learning.
- Review contemporary educational literature to remain current with information related to job responsibility including teacher certification requirements.
- Use appropriate discipline that is consistent with the school’s philosophy and policy.
- Follow established guidelines for recording and reporting grades.
- Ensure adherence to good safety procedures.
- Participate and attend school related functions and activities.
- Maintain updated web pages for parents and students.
- Communicate with stakeholders in a courteous, timely and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Act, dress, and behave in a professional manner to reflect a positive image of the school.
- Meet established deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree required with FL Teacher Certification in the subject area.
- Teaching experience or experience in an education-related field is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to provide superior customer service with an emphasis on communication.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to be trained to use school-designated Electronic Gradebook, Instructional software, etc.