Montessori Lead Teacher - Infants
School: Evergreen Academy
Location: Issaquah, WA
Date Opened: Jul 21, 2021
Job ID: 8061
Description We're currently offering new hires a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Evergreen Academy is a leading provider of Montessori education in the Issaquah, WA area. We currently invite applicants to apply. A Lead Teacher creates, manages and participates in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives. They participate collaboratively and professionally with other teachers and staff to promote the general well-being of the school, and collective/individual interest of its staff and student body.JOB DUTIES:
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Fully implements the Montessori curriculum in accordance with directives and guidelines for implementation, demonstrates understanding of school’s educational programs.
- Utilizes Montessori curriculum planning.
- Acknowledges and encourages diversity and varying viewpoints by providing images and experiences that reflects the local and global communities.
- Assesses developmental needs of children and works to incorporate individual students’ learning, physical and emotional needs through providing a variety of materials and activities that encourage children to explore their environment and develop social skills, problem-solving skills and new ways of thinking.
- Maintains accurate and timely educational assessments and progress portfolios for all students assigned.
- Maintains licensure requirements as dictated by local or state guidelines.
- Actively participates in on-going professional development as required by SEG management and operations.
- High School diploma or GED required along with 2+ years of college with at least a 2.5 GPA (Degree in ECE preferred).
- Meets minimum preparation and experience required for certification as an Early Childhood Education Teacher.
- Complies with all state education and licensing standards, and maintains validation of credentials for the position (i.e. Professional development).
- 2+ years of experience in a Primary Montessori classroom in a licensed early childhood development center.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- $1,000 sign-on Bonus paid out in 2 installments. $500 paid out upon hire and $500 paid after 90 days of employment.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company paid life insurance; supplemental life insurance available.
- A 401(k) plan with matching employer contributions.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.
- Childcare tuition discounts.
- Educational assistance.
- Paid professional development days.