Heritage Oak is looking for a caring and energetic Support Staff to join their team. If you have a passion for working with children K-8, are dedicated to providing the best care to students, work collaboratively, and want to learn and grow, we want you to be a part of our team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as a Group Leader, showing enthusiasm in actions and spirit while implementing lesson plans and instructions provided by the School.
- Lead and participate in a variety of activities that actively engage students, such as games, songs, sports, skits, and special events and are aligned to the mission of the school.
- Supervise students at all times, including transitions between activities, so students are accounted for, are safe at all times, and they know what is expected of them.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of each child in his/her group.
- Serve as a good example and role model to the students, maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism at all times.
- Aide students in developing self-confidence and a positive self-image by providing an environment of acceptance and support for each student.
- Give directions both verbally and visually, when appropriate, by using correct grammar and a variation in voice and gestures.
- Provide time and attention equitably among all students while circulating freely and spontaneously around the classroom and outdoor environment.
- Actively greet parents each day upon drop-off and pick-up times.
- Communicate with parents as needed and/or as directed by supervisor.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with the school child disciplinary process.
- Maintain a physical environment (indoors and outdoors) that is safe, healthy, neat, attractive, clean, and appropriate for students and is conducive to having fun.
- Ensure that all daily attendance records are accurate and up to date.
- Complete all records and forms timely, accurately, and neatly, including daily sheets.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding staff, children, and families as well as management and operations.
- The ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- Incident reporting in a timely and professional manner.
- Extended Day responsibilities including, but not limited to, student supervision, homework supervision, and assistance, homework checking, maintaining extended day class schedule, afternoon snack supervision, afternoon playtime supervision, dismissal, tracking of students attending after-school on-campus activities, communicating emergencies and incident with directors and parents,
- Knowledge of student medical conditions and any modifications and/ or limitations.
- Support Staff may be responsible for the end-of-day lockup procedures.
- Maintain sanitary environment complying with sanitation procedures and assignments.
- Sanitation and safety assessments.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- High school diploma or GED required; one or more years of college preferred
- Prior experience working with children between the ages of Pre-K through 8th Grade.
- Must possess or be able to obtain certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Advanced Lifesaving, where applicable.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- A genuine passion for and desire to work with children.