Description -This role is remote in the New York City area-
Spring Education is the largest operator of private schools in the United States offering programs from preschool-12th grade in 190 schools across 18 states, comprises 28 brands, and also features the nation's leading online school, Laurel Springs. Known for the high quality of its academic offerings and exceptional student performance Spring capitalizes on this reputation to grow through a combination of organic growth combined with significant M&A activity.
Central to our growth ambitions is the ability to identify strong targets, structure transactions, analyze the performance history and future outlook for potential schools, and ultimately guide deals from Letter of Intent to closing. We are looking for an analytical, curious, and personable team member who can help us grow. A strong candidate who can perform deep quantitative and qualitative analyses; coordinating asset valuations and supporting transactions from inception to close.
In joining Spring Education Group at this stage, you will help to unlock Spring’s capacity to continue its acquisitive growth strategy and will have a direct and tangible impact on the growth of the business.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the M&A Analyst will be responsible for vetting leads for acquisition, help structure transactions, and drive the end-to-end process of closing deals. In addition, the M&A Analyst will be involved in other analyses related to Spring’s financial growth that may be outside the realm of M&A.
This will include:
- Core responsibility will be qualifying and vetting target schools; financial and competitive due diligence
- Analyze new acquisition opportunities and prepare financial analysis on the viability of each transaction incorporating a variety of financing and transaction structures.
- Perform acquisition due diligence, reviewing historical financial and operating performance as the drivers of value and risk, and surfacing necessary follow-ups and gaps in information
- Work cross-functionally to gather internal data in order to increase the accuracy of modeling and the efficiency of the transaction lifecycle
- Work closely with VP of Finance and CFO to create a framework for tracking accuracy of financial analysis as compared to actual performance
- Work with the seller to gather information, work with cross-functional team members to validate financial assumptions, and ultimately locking in on a financial baseline
- Guiding the overall deal process: Help shepherd deals from end to end. Beyond the core financial and competitive due diligence, guide the seller through each step of the deal process, drafting documents, and working with legal and financial teams to get transactions closed.
- Analyze and package quarterly financial results to external lenders and investors
- Support interactions with investors and our private equity firm
- Additional analysis, challenges and assignments as needed in support of the VP Finance
- The role will require a combination of analytical strength, business judgment, and the ability to develop meaningful connections with a diverse community.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- 2-4 years of experience in Investment Banking, Consulting, or Private Equity.
- BA Degree in Finance or related field with a top tier university
- Analytical, self-motivated, curious, and personable team member with impeccable communication skills, written & verbal.