The Stratford Online Academy ‘21-22 will launch in August as a fully online option for K-5 students. The Online Academy will be a standalone entity led by an experienced head of school, serving current and new Stratford families, including possibly some from outside of California.
We seek candidates whose experience includes:
- Teaching Stratford curriculum grades K-5
- Proven ability to engage students and manage a primarily synchronous Classroom in a fully online environment
- Desire part-time specialty (25-29 hours per week)
We seek candidates who are excited about the prospect of launching a new school and have the flexible mindset needed to build and continually adjust a novel program, one that might include students from outside California. As the teaching team will be small and somewhat isolated, we seek candidates who will take the lead in connecting with others on the team, especially specialty teachers. Our OA teachers will help create new rituals and traditions designed to engender a sense of belonging among students and faculty. Toward that goal, all Academy teachers will be expected to host periodic virtual social events that speak to their interests.
The expectations for Online Academy include the following:
- Use Stratford School curriculum, pacing guides, and teaching guidelines.
- Teach classes of 22-24 students (15 for kindergarten) for an entire school year, giving them an experience that approximates the rigor, richness, structure, and cohesion of a campus experience.
- Design and offer daily lesson plans that include highly synchronous on-screen and guided off-screen activities for students. Manage students’ weekday learning between the hours of about 8 am and 3 pm, approximating a typical school day at Stratford School.
- Attend Online Academy virtual staff meetings, campus or grade level professional development opportunities at least monthly. Participate in the professional development activities expected of every Stratford teacher, including August PD week and dedicated fall and winter PD days.
- A teacher shall have a BA or BS degree from an accredited or approved college or university.