The school Administrative Assistant provides general office support with a variety of administrative activities and related tasks and assists the Principal and/or Assistant Principal with student/parent relations. It is also necessary for the Administrative Assistant to step into classrooms on a regular basis.
- Maintains and sets up files for office of all enrolled children and staff.
- Assists with collecting tuition and other fees.
- Processes invoices, purchase card receipts, and other accounts payable related documentation.
- Assists with Payroll and keeping track of staff attendance.
- Answers phones and provides a presence at the front desk.
- Assists with orientation for new employees.
- Provides in-classroom coverage for teaching staff, including breaks, absences and shift changes.
- Supports local marketing strategy to generate and retain enrollment.
- Maintains proactive and positive relationships with parents and prospective parents.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Two (2) or more years of similar or related experience. Prior experience working in a school environment preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- The ability to professionally communicate effectively and positively.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Power Point. Demonstrated ability to utilize email and the Internet.