The Placement Counselor works to support the Counseling Department by completing an ethical review and documentation of student requirements from official transcripts and homeschool evaluations.
- Create all academic plans for new and re-enrolling students.
- Review all transcripts of incoming students.
- Resolve situations that require analytical, interpretive, evaluative and constructive thinking.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's preferred.
- Experience in an academic environment preferred.
- General understanding of educational procedures in relation to student schedules and academic plans.
- Technologically proficient.
- Ensure excellent customer service and professionalism to all current and prospective students and co-workers from all departments at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate sensitive information to prospective and current customers in an understandable manner.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Customer focused approach.
- A professional that operates with ethics and integrity.
- High degree of flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment.
- Frequent speaking and listening (over 75%). Must be proficient in speaking, writing and reading English to include reading and comprehending policies and procedures, and being able to correspond in English.
- Frequent repetitive or fine hand movements (over 75%).
- Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse (over 75%).
- Occasional walking and standing (I0-25%).
- Limited bending, squatting, stooping, and kneeling (
- Limited carrying and lifting (
- Employee is regularly required to speak, hear, and use clear vision with or without correction. This may include viewing small numbers.
- Environmental exposures: heat, cold, dusts, noise, chemicals, moistness, dryness, blood borne pathogens, germs.
- Due to seasonality of the business, candidates may need to work an adjusted schedule in order to meet the needs of the business.
- TRAVEL: Must be able to travel by air, rail, or motor vehicle to required training and development as well as school events
Work Environment & Additional Requirements:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. A Placement Counselor may be required to work more than 40 hours a week, often including school activities at night and on weekends. Position is year round.
You are expected to perform your position according to LSS safety policies and procedures, as well as, federal, state and local regulations. All safety concerns and incidents are to be reported immediately to your direct supervisor.