High School American Sign Language (ASL) Instructor
This job posting is no longer active.
Category: High School Education
School: Laurel Springs School
Location: West Chester, PA
Date Opened: May 19, 2021
Job ID: 6914
Description Laurel Springs School, an online private K-12 school, has great opportunities for qualified teachers. These positions are responsible for teaching and providing feedback to students in an online, asynchronous environment through the provided curriculum and required virtual live engagement activities. This position requires office hours to be held daily. Teaching certification in one or more states is required, with dual certification highly preferred. Teachers report to an Academic Department Chair for his or her subject area. These positions are contracted and work remotely.Please note: This is a 1099 Contractor position. Teaching hours are based on student enrollment and not guaranteed.
The following teaching positions are available and qualified applicants are encouraged to apply: High School American Sign Language (ASL) Instructor
- Supporting the specific academic department for Laurel Springs School. Following the LSS curriculum and teaching guidelines.
- Personalizing curriculum for students using their Learning Styles Profile.
- Attending all school-wide and department-wide professional development opportunities.
- Supporting the academic needs of students through live online support and monthly iClasses.
- Holding office hours for a minimum of two hours daily. Interpreting and reporting student results on standardized assessments for the department and in conversations with parents.
- Facilitating student outcomes that exceed national averages and grade-level standards.
- Must have a Master’s degree in subject area or Education with strong background in subject area, online learning, asynchronous learning, and blended learning.
- Must hold teaching certification in at least one state. Dual certification is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable in educational technology and learning management systems.
- Experience with Adobe Connect preferred.
- Must have had experience teaching in K-12 schools, public and/or private, and in working with families of those schools
- Must have 3-5 years teaching experience, preferably in online or blended