Create, manage and participate in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives. Participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote rigorous learning opportunities, the general well-being of the school, and collective / individual interest of its staff and student body. Actively participate in professional development, practice self-assessment, reflective practice and strive for continuous improvement.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Communicate with families.
- Actively participate in all professional learning opportunities and implement new strategies and skills into the daily routine.
- Work with colleagues as an active member of your professional learning community to grow and develop as an educator. Complete and implement a professional growth plan annually.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding staff, children and families as well as management and operations.
- Exhibit professionalism in daily activities and communication with staff and families.
- Use a variety of strategies to determine and monitor student progress and level of achievement.
- Use results of formal testing and a variety of other assessments to evaluate student progress and instructional effectiveness, as required.
- Modify instructional techniques based on students’ needs and feedback from progress monitoring
- Provide for varied levels of student performance.
- Evaluate students’ growth in light of individual progress and inform students, parents, other teachers and administrators of students’ progress as necessary.
- Follows policies regarding classroom purchases prior to it being made on behalf of the school.
- Attend local or regional training and development sessions, as required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education or equivalent.
- Montessori (AMS or MACTE) Elementary Lower (Ages 6 to 9) Certification & Montessori Elementary Upper (Ages 9 to 12) Certification.
- Teacher credential as specified under state regulations.
- Advanced degree in education preferred.
- 1+ year’s teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology and the unique role it plays in the educational arena of the 21st Century.
- $2,500 relocation stipend.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company paid life insurance; supplemental life insurance available.
- A 401(k) plan with matching employer contributions.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.
Childcare tuition discounts.
- Educational assistance.
- Paid professional development days.