BASIS Independent Schools, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated, and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.BASIS Independent Bellevue is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Student Affairs! What We're Looking For
The Director of Student Affairs supports a culture of academic excellence and ensures the success of the students. This position is highly focused on academics, and is responsible for establishing student support programs that lead to exceptional student outcomes. Through elevated expectations of student capabilities and a willingness to ensure that all students have the support they need to be successful, our Director of Student Affairs will take a data driven approach to assessing student needs, and thus allocate the resources needed to enhance their educational experience. Your Primary Responsibilities
- Coordinate academic and social-emotional support for all students by working closely with the administrative team.
- Build and maintain relationships with students, teachers and parents to effectively communicate academic or behavioral performance plans.
- Provide support to teachers regarding student achievement, classroom management, and overall best practices.
- Escalate and resolve areas of concern as raised by parents and students.
- Lead grade team level meetings and staff meetings.
- Monitor student disciplinary records and academic performance.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree with appropriate clearance.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an educational environment, preferably within an administrative role.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with students, teachers and parents.
- Sound understanding of academic plans and approaches to learning.
- Extensive experience working with elementary and middle school students.
- Experience in tutoring or case management is preferred.
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence.
- Critically, an applicant should possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, and be open to new ideas in education.
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Competitive salary dependent on education and experience.
- Career growth opportunities focused on continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement across our network of schools.
- Retirement options through which eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- An FSA option that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student tuition remission for your children to attend our schools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Pay Type: Salary
- Min Hiring Rate: $80,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $90,000.00