BASIS Independent Schools, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, is a national network of PreK-12 private, secular schools that educate students to the highest international levels. Our ten campuses, located in some of the most bustling, dynamic metropolitan areas in the country, are part of the BASIS Curriculum Schools global network. We believe in setting a higher standard for students and promoting self-reliance and accountability in a culture where hard work is celebrated, and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes.BASIS Independent Manhattan Upper is seeking qualified candidates for an Algebra and Computer Science Teacher for fall 2024! What We're Looking For
BASIS Independent teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS Independent teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As an Algebra and Computer Science teacher, you will teach Algebra and Computer Science concepts to students. BASIS Independent teachers are given the autonomy and freedom to present the material in their own way while achieving clearly defined goals for student understanding. We encourage teachers to bring their passion for their subject into the classroom to excite students and engage them with the material. Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Essential Teacher Qualifications:
- Prepare subject-specific lessons in Math and Computer Science.
- Provide subject instruction on a higher level than grade standard, in an interactive learning environment and delivering exceptional results for all students.
- Implement BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students' education is at an internationally competitive level.
- Collaborate with other BASIS Independent teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about education and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
- Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of students' academic and career success.
- Manage student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
- Has deep knowledge of and passion for the subject taught
- Able to differentiate instruction and engage students in rigorous content
- Able to create a positive classroom community and build relationships with students
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills with students, colleagues, and parents
- Open to feedback and continuous growth
- Creative in instructional and classroom management strategies (high warm and high firm)
- Cooperative, collaborative, supportive, flexible
- Has a strong work ethic and a "do whatever it takes" mindset
BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Competitive salary dependent on education and experience.
- Career growth opportunities focused on continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement across our network of schools.
- Retirement options through which eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- An FSA option that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student tuition remission for your children to attend our schools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $65,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $67,000.00