Spring Education Group is a multi-brand education network of superior private school institutions spanning infant care through high school. The network (currently composed of approximately 220 schools) brings together some of the best private school programs in the country, with proven track records educating children through unique and carefully crafted curricula.
Middle School Math Teacher
Park Maitland School is hiring for a Middle School Math teaching position. As a FCIS accredited private school in Maitland, Florida we offer an outstanding teaching environment. Candidates should be highly motivated and willing to incorporate Google Apps in Education in the classroom and in school communications. Team collaboration and technology-mindedness are a must in this traditional yet innovative well-regarded school. Qualified candidates must have the ability to develop meaningful relationships with highly motivated students from diverse backgrounds. This teacher should plan to be an integral component of the students' lives, in and out of the classroom, and to collaborate with colleagues on a grade level team and as a member of the math department.
Park Maitland has a one-to-one technology program, and students use technology in a variety of ways in every discipline including: integrating electronic textbooks, using Google Docs and Forms for assignments, and using blended models to ignite teacher-student interaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a learning environment of high student accountability that is student-centered and aligned with the school's academic goals and specified objectives.
- Provide instruction, direction and leadership within the classroom by displaying an effective working knowledge of the subject matter and by demonstrating best practices relating to teaching/instructional techniques.
- Prepare lesson materials, grade papers, manage the classroom, and evaluate and give feedback to students.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
- Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments in order to evaluate students' progress, and manage projects as required by the discipline and school health and safety standards.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of school programs.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervising administrator.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent with a focus on related field; advanced degree preferred
- Previous experience teaching middle school math
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Middle School Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree