Merryhill School is a multi-location school group with campuses in California, Colorado, Nevada, and Texas offering an outstanding private education to preschool, elementary, and middle school age students. Our preschools offer the perfect balance of learning and play, while our elementary and middle schools provide a challenging and robust curriculum, innovative instruction, and a vibrant school community. A career with Merryhill offers opportunities in education, summer camps, before and after school programs, and regional management with the support of our parent company, Spring Education Group.
The Before and After School Counselor implements creative and engaging programs for students in a safe, nurturing environment. This position participates collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the general well-being of the school, and collective/individual interest of the staff and student body.What We Offer
Pay range: $17 - $18.50 per hour
Location: 2600 V Street • Sacramento, CA 95818
Opportunity for career advancement
Employee Referral BonusJob Duties
• Serve as a Group Leader showing enthusiasm in actions and spirit while implementing lesson plans provided by the school.
• Lead and participate in a variety of activities that actively engage students, such as games, songs, sports, skits, and special events and are aligned to the mission of the school.
• Supervise students at all times including transitions between activities so students are accounted for, are safe at all times and they know what is expected of them.
• Serve as a good example and role model to the students and maintain and appropriate level of professionalism at all times.
• Aide students in developing self-confidence and a positive self-image by providing an environment of acceptance and support for each student.
• Give directions both verbally and visually, when appropriate by using correct grammar and a variation in voice and gestures.
• Provide time and attention equitably among all students while circulating freely and spontaneously around the classroom.
• Actively greet parents each day upon drop-off and pick-up times.
• Be knowledgeable of and comply with the school child disciplinary process. Responsible for the safety and well-being of each child in his/her group.
• Keep the group of children together and take frequent face to name checks.
• Maintain a physical environment (indoors and outdoors) which is safe, healthy, neat, attractive, clean, and appropriate for students and is conducive to having fun.
• Always know where each child in the group is at all times. One counselor should always be present to supervise the group; no child/children should be left unsupervised.
• Ensure that all daily attendance records are accurate and up to date.
• Complete all records and forms timely, accurately, and neatly, including daily sheets.
• Maintains confidentiality regarding staff, children, and families as well as SEG management and operations.Essential Skills & Experience
Minimum of 18 years old.
High school diploma or GED required; one or more years of college preferred.
Prior experience working with children
Strong communication and organizational skills.
Genuine passion for and desire to work with children
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Middle School Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Full Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $17.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $18.50