Stratford School, part of Spring Education Group, is a leading independent WASC-accredited private school in California offering courses from preschool through 12th grade with a vision of creating a unique, multi-dimensional educational foundation for children. At Stratford School, we understand every child has his or her own interests and passions and contributes in their own way. Our proven program includes our STEAM-based curriculum that was recognized by the White House as a leader in early childhood STEAM education, and we are also the first California school to earn the Carnegie Science Seal of Excellence for STEM.What We Offer
About the Role
- Pay range: $24-26/hourly
- Location: 125 N Milpitas Blvd, Milpitas, CA 95035
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and sick days
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Student Tuition Discount
As an Early Preschool Assistant Teacher you will work in a classroom of children ages 2 - 3 years old. You will provide a nurturing and safe environment working collaboratively with your partner Teachers to ensure the successful operation of a classroom. You will demonstrate good judgment in the care of each child assigned to you. You will verbally engage the children throughout the day in addition to incorporating activities.You will also...
What We Are Looking For
- Create a nurturing, responsive environment that promotes positive development of social and emotional competencies.
- Collaborate with other faculty and staff members
- Communicate daily with parents or guardians
- Maintain a well-organized and engaging classroom environment
- High School Diploma and 6 semesters or 9 quarter early childhood education units shall include courses that cover the general areas of early child development, child, family, and community, and program/curriculum
- Patience, compassion, and a genuine love for working with young children.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior teaching experience with preschool students is a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Early Childhood Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Part Time
- Min Hiring Rate: $24.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $26.00
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: Some College