The Substitute teacher will report directly to the assigned campus and will receive the teaching assignment for the day. A substitute applicant must comply with all state education and licensing standards and maintain validation of credentials for the position.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Substitute as needed.
- Special duties as assigned by the supervising principal.
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the curriculum in accordance with Sagemont policies and procedures.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, and décor of the classroom environment. This will include sharing the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Establish a non-punitive method of classroom discipline, seeking positive rather than negative methods to correct student behavior.
- Display energy and enthusiasm, maintaining evident interest in the job.
- Use appropriate language in and out of the classroom.
- Appropriately dressed, well groomed, and neat.
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the school at all times.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude toward parents, students, and administration.
- Cooperate in the maintenance of interpersonal relationships, and refrain from complaining and gossiping.
- Alert to the needs of others, students, and co-workers.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Perform daily tasks and responsibilities with integrity, making effective use of time schedules and not requiring constant reminders to complete tasks.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate patience and self-control in dealing with students and staff.
- Strong customer service skills, both external and internal
- Builds interpersonal relationships
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior to being hired, a teacher shall have semester units or equivalent quarter units in early childhood education or child development completed
- At least six months of work experience in a licensed child care center or comparable group child care program.
- A Florida Department of Children and Families Staff Credential Certificate.
- A current and valid Child Development Associate credential with the appropriate age-level endorsement issued by CDA National Credentialing Program of the Council for Early Childhood Professional.
- Job Function: Middle School Education
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Employment Indicator: Part Time
- Travel Required: No
- Required Education: High School