Laurel Springs School, a subsidiary of Spring Education Group, a WASC-accredited school, is a pioneer in online private school education since 1991. Laurel Springs provides flexible and personalized learning experiences online for students in kindergarten through 12th grade and beyond.
Laurel Springs School is looking for an experienced, energetic, flexible, passionate Kindergarten educator for our online Kindergarten program. This educator must love working with young students, have excellent communication and relationship-building skills, and be highly skilled with learning strategies that support young learners and their guardians in an online environment. The K-5 program at Laurel Springs is primarily asynchronous with frequent opportunities for live virtual interactions, so the Kindergarten educator should be comfortable with both modalities and be enthusiastic about designing new ways to connect with young students. The Kindergarten teacher works closely with other K-5 educators and the Academic Department Chair, so this educator must also be skilled at working collaboratively with a team.This is a full-time remote position that requires educators to be available during business hours (Eastern Time) to perform grading/feedback and curriculum project work and attend meetings, office hours, and appointments.
- Advance the mission of the school by providing high-quality, positive, proactive asynchronous and synchronous student learning through the LSS online learning management system and other learning platforms.
- Demonstrate high-level content and/or grade-level expertise and ability to engage best practices in online teaching.
- Actively monitor academic progress of each assigned student and intervene as needed to ensure mastery and timely completion of enrollments.
- Communicate proactively and responsively with students, parents, counselors, staff, and administrators via email, phone, video conference, and any other communication tools provided by LSS.
- Be readily and proactively accessible to students and parents via virtual office hours, individual appointments, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Serve as a Community Room Lead teacher for all students in the applicable grade level.
- Participate actively in the school community by leading and joining clubs, in-person and virtual field trips, and other school-sponsored experiences.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding staff, children and families as well as LSS management and operations.
- Aid students in developing self-confidence and a positive self-image by fostering an inclusive environment of support and belonging.
- Reflect attitude and behaviors that value diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Engage a growth mindset that values flexibility, openness to change, an innovative spirit, and comfort with the ambiguity inherent in new programs and processes as they are designed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in education or applicable content area. Advanced degree in education or applicable content area strongly preferred.
- Active teaching credential for applicable content/grade level and commitment to ongoing compliance with state and local regulations relating to background checks and credentials.
- Strong experience in K-5 teaching. Strong experience in online learning, asynchronous learning, and/or blended learning strongly preferred
- Excellent skills with word processing, productivity, communication, and educational technology tools; expertise with G-Suite, Learning Management Systems, and Student Information Systems is strongly preferred.
- Availability to work Monday through Friday during business hours (approximately 9 am to 4 pm Eastern Time).
- Ability to travel to attend in-person events, meetings, and training at least once or twice per year.
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to shared services, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match, Life, and Disability benefits package
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. We offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools to show our appreciation.
- Continued education tuition savings through our University partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In general, this position requires an individual to frequently walk, stand, sit, squat, stoop, reach, kneel, rise from the floor, twist, listen, read, write, and speak the English language. In addition, this position often requires an individual to carry, lift, use repetitive or fine hand movements, and occasionally push, pull, or bend. This position is regularly required to hear and use clear vision with or without correction. Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.Other details
- Job Function: Elementary Education
- Pay Type: Salary
- Min Hiring Rate: $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate: $60,000.00
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree